What credentials are necessary to operate as an air hostess?
The major prerequisites for working as an air hostess in India are as follows:
- You must have earned your 10+2 diploma or its equivalent from a recognized institution to work as an air hostess.
- That applying must take the General Educational Development Test, or GED if they have not finished high school.
People with degrees in tourism, travel, and hospitality are given preference.
- Both basic computer knowledge and math aptitude are very helpful.
- Possessing great English language skills as well as knowledge of another language is advantageous.
- The candidate must complete a three to a six-week training course at the base site exclusive to the specific airline.
- The official training program’s completion enables you to obtain a certification and license from a recognized organization that oversees all facets of civil aviation in a certain nation, the United States’ FAA (Federal Aviation Administration).
Qualifications Needed to Become an Air Hostess
A specialized set of talents are needed to do many activities under extreme pressure when providing customer service, which is a crucial component of becoming a successful Air Hostess. The goal is to comprehend the abilities needed to perform to the criteria of the position and how to become an Air Hostess.
The knowledge, qualifications, and skills required to work as an air hostess are listed below.
- superior interpersonal communication abilities
- structured and detail-oriented for teamwork.
- showing compassion for sick, old, and young passengers.
- To guarantee that passengers are following safety measures in stressful situations and emergencies like air turbulence, mechanical issues, etc., maintain a calm and cool manner.
- aptitude for fixing issues.
- working well with groups from different cultures.
- Optimal physical condition to withstand unpredictable schedules like lengthy shifts and physically demanding tasks, etc.
- Working in a hurried, crowded environment requires quick thinking and strong memory.
How to become a stewardess in India?
Stewardess is a tough job in India. If you want to get into this profession, you should prepare for the challenge and start studying after you graduate from high school (10 days). Students must then choose the appropriate subjects, prepare for graduation, and enroll in a flight attendant training program.
Upper secondary education level subjects are required to become flight hostesses.
While attending secondary school (10+2), start preparing for entrance exams such as AIAEE, NCHMCT JEE, and AEEE to gain admission to major aviation institutions.
Flight attendant salaries vary greatly depending on the airline they work for. On average, a stewardess’ monthly salary is around INR 25,000 – INR 40,000 [ref], but the salary package for senior positions is higher, up to INR 50,000 – INR 75,000 [ref] if you work for a domestic airline. In addition, commercial airlines offer high-value packages from up to Rs 20,000 to his Rs 30,000 per month [ref].
Advantages of stewardess
You should know that this profession is characterized by dedication, rewards, and fair distribution of duties. This is more than a simple search around the world. A career as a flight attendant offers an opportunity to earn money and explore beautiful places in the world.
During her time on board, she has the opportunity to interact with a wide variety of people from different professions, nationalities, and languages. As an air hostess, she helps establish industry-specific contacts.
In addition to discounts on individual tours, if you are planning to travel with your family, you are sure to get special discounts on trips and tickets.
Airlines also provide free medical services and insurance to their employees
In addition, flight attendants are well paid, and benefits packages such as meal charges for stopovers, partner hotel charges, transportation expenses for business trips, tips, and retirement benefits.
Air Hostess Training Courses
The best air hostess training programs available in India and overseas are listed below:
- Diplomas in Air Hostess Training (1 year)
- Diploma in Air Hostess Training
- Diploma in Aviation, Hospitality, Travel & Customer Service or Flight Attendant Training
- Diploma in Aviation and Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Hospitality and Travel Management
- PGDM in Aviation and Hospitality Services
- PGDM in Airport Ground Services
- Air Hostess Management
- Air Hostess Training
- Cabin Crew or Flight Attendant
- Airlines Hospitality
- Aviation Management and Hospitality
- Flight Purser (certification)
- Aviation Customer Service (certification)
- Airlines Hospitality (certification)
- Hospitality and Air travel Management (certification)
- Airline Passenger Service (certification)
- Degree Programs in Aviation (2-3 years)
- BBA in Aviation
- B.Sc. in Air Hostess Training
- Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Hospitality and Travel Management
- Degree in International Airline and Travel Management
- BBA in Airport Management
- MBA in Aviation
- BSc Aviation
- MBA in Aviation Management